Duncum Center Solutions provides instructional design, course building, quality assurance, and resources related to to online teaching and learning to ACU Online’s College of Graduate and Professional Studies (CGPS).
Because developing an online course is significantly different from preparing to teach a face-to-face course, both pedagogically and technologically, our instructional designers partner one-on-one with faculty and subject matter experts (SME) in the course development process.
Faculty and SMEs can expect from our instructional designers:
- Partner with the SME to create engaging and creative course content and activities.
- Develop courses using designer philosophy based on andragogy theories and best practices for online learners.
- Demonstrate strong customer service, communication, the ability to meet deadlines, and attention to detail.
- Meet with the SME weekly via video conference until the project is complete.
- Support SMEs who do not have past experience teaching or designing online courses.
- Follow ACU design and programmatic standards.
Our course building are experts in our learning management system. They build and update all of the CGPS online courses so that faculty can focus on our students.
Basted on Quality Matters rubrics, CGPS has approved course standards for online graduate and undergraduate courses. Every online course goes through quality checks after the design and build processes.
Online Teaching and Learning Resources
Our team collects data each term on the needs of our faculty and courses. Using this data, we create training and learning resources to support faculty in their teaching.
- Submit a Course Ticket
This form is for urgent issues impeding faculty or students from completing their work in a live course. Tickets will be completed in 1 – 2 business days.
- Curriculum Update Template
This template is for program directors, course coordinators, and designated lead faculty only. The template is to be used to complete curriculum updates to the primary courses (also known as Stage 1 Redesigns). Due to course copy procedures, curriculum updates must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the first day of class for changes to be reflected in the upcoming session. Curriculum updates will be completed in 5 – 7 business days.
- Add User to Canvas
This form is for program directors requesting access for new instructors to ACU Online Canvas.
- Add User to Canvas Course
This form is for program directors requesting access for instructors to particular Canvas Courses.
- Submit a Textbook Request from the Publisher (Desk Copy)
This form is for instructors who need to request a desk copy. Many desk copies will be delivered in ebook format if ebook format is available.