Areas of Expertise:
- Posttraumatic Distress (PTSD), Posttraumatic Growth (PTG), and Posttrauma Leadership
- Counseling across Cultures
- Counseling Survivors of Global Trauma
- Cultural Humility in Counseling and Healthcare
- Leadership after Trauma and Adversity
- Empowering Refugees and other Global Survivors in our Local Communities
- More than twenty-five years’ experience as a mental health care provider (LPC-S, LPA, LSSP) with a focus on trauma and intercultural connection.
- More than five years’ experience providing trauma counseling to refugees and asylum seekers in the Dallas and Fort Worth areas.
- Published research to explore the journeys of trauma survivors who lead beneficial change that assists other sufferers or prevents future atrocities.
- Research presentations include the National Consortium of Torture Treatment Providers and the International Leadership Association. Clinical presentations include Trauma Support Services of North Texas and the Human Rights Initiative.